Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Lenten Conversation.

Daddy has spent some time talking to the Littles about Lent, and what that means, and the sacrifices Jesus made for us, and explained why we should all sacrifice for him also.  He probably felt like all this information was just going in one ear and right out the other.  Then, last night on the way home from daycare and a bazillion errands, we had a very interesting conversation in the van....It went a little something like this- and I can't stop smiling about it!- (Keep in mind Eli is 5 and Adi is 3)

Eli:  Mom, I think I know what I'm going to give up for Lent.

Mom: Great!  What is it?

Eli:  I think I'm going to give up candy!

Mom: That's a GREAT idea- and I bet Dr. Renee would be very proud of you! (His Dentist, whom he LOVES)

Eli:  I was going to give up TV, but then I couldn't watch movies with you guys on Friday nights. (Our family movie evening)

Mom:  Yes, that's right, I think candy is a very good idea, though.

Adi:  I'm going to give something up too!

Eli:  Well, Beanie, don't give up TV, cause than you can't watch movies with us on Friday nights!

Adi:  I'm going to give up being little!!!

Eli: (Total exasperation in his voice) Beanie, you CAN'T give THAT up!!!


Oh, I just LOVE these 2!!
Here they are enjoying a little Friday night/Movie night.  Dinner of pizza and other yumminess from the pizza oven was served right in their tents!

2 comments:

angie said...

oh my goodness, too too sweet! tells you just how big eli is getting, too. *sigh* these kids. :)

Susannah said...

Oh my word, this is an adorable conversation! It's so great to teach kids about the sacrifice of Jesus at such a young age!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers