Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ruby's Due Date.

This is the day that we had longed for and dreamed of for months and months.  I pretty much knew that I would never carry the baby this long- I hadn't gone past 38 weeks with either of the other 2.  It was still the date that we looked forward to, because we knew that it meant we would be holding a sweet little one in our arms. 

Instead of at the hospital, though, we were at the clinic with Ruby for her 2 week check-up.  She is exactly 2 weeks today.  And healthy as can be.  I was anxious for her appointment today, I couldn't wait to see what she weighed!  I can tell she's eating a lot.  She consistently feeds every 3 hours.  I don't even have to look at the clock.  We've only given Ruby one bottle, and she sucked down 3 oz perfectly for Daddy.  Otherwise I'm not sure how much she's eating, but Mommy is obviously providing enough. 

Ruby weighed 7 lbs 3.5 oz at birth. 
When we left the hospital she weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz.,
and today, less than 2 weeks later- she weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz! 

Her doctor was very happy with everything he saw.  He noted that she is already turning her head and trying to follow me when she hears my voice.  We had a nice visit, discussed Ruby and her progress, and he made a point to chat with Eli and Adi about the new baby in the house, and was curious as to how they were adjusting. 

I love our pediatrician, and am so happy to have someone like him to trust with the health and care of our kids.
Big brother and Big sister were sure to be as close to the action as possible. Dr. McNamera was sure to explain to them everything he was checking with Ruby.

I love that I caught this sweet little smile!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers