Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baby Bump #3 Update- and Baby Prep.

Well, we made it to our goal of 34 weeks, and are well beyond that at this point.  Baby has had lots of extra time to cook and add ounces.  For this we are thanking God.  What a blessing to move us through the scare of pre-term labor.  We can now rest assured that we will have a full-term, healthy newborn in the very near future! 
I went in for an appointment yesterday.  I am currently 36 1/2 weeks.  The exact point that I delivered Eliott.  He was a healthy 7 lb 13 oz, 21 1/2 in baby 3 1/2 weeks early.  I was hoping I would get so lucky with this one, also.  I thought maybe today would be my lucky day and we would finally get to meet this new little one that we have been so anxiously waiting for.  The day isn't over yet- maybe we will get our wish:)  When my Dr. measured my belly he said, "Yep- you can be done!" I am measuring 37 weeks- typical for me.  He understands how uncomfortable I am, and was willing to "move things along" a bit for me.  We'll see if it works!  I'm hoping I don't need to keep my appointment that is scheduled for Tuesday.
I've been trying to pass the time as patiently as I can.  Everything is ready and in place.  The house is cleaned, organized, and waiting for a new little one to come and fill it up.  I don't think I've ever had my home in such a state.  I guess nesting will do that.  That and summer vacation where I have all kinds of time to clean and organize.  I know it won't be the case once the baby arrives, so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can!  I also made some decorations for Baby's room.  I made the cutest pennant banner that we draped from the ceiling.  After it was up I loved the fabrics so much that I decided I wanted to make a matching quilt to go with it.  I loved this little project, and I can't wait to wrap it around the baby.  I'm so proud that it's something I made myself with love for this little one.

I just have some random bumps posted here.  Yes- I'm well aware that it looks like there is a basketball in my shirt.  I can't even tell you how many times I have heard it!  I'm just amazed at the comments that come from complete strangers!  Yes- I know my belly is big, Yes- I am ready to have this one, and YES- I am sure there are not twins in there!!!!  I won't miss that part of being pregnant at all!
We had some professional Baby Bump pictures taken last week.  I'm getting very anxious to see them!  My sister-in-law has informed me that they are looking great!  Hopefully I will have those to share very soon!
This quilt took a bit of time, but it is finally finished and packed up in the hospital bag!
Along with some treasures for Big Brother and Big Sister.  I'm excited for them to meet the new little one- They are as anxious as Chad and I are for this little one to arrive.  I will miss them always rubbing and kissing my belly and saying, "I really love the baby."


 We spent some time last weekend cleaning out the van.  I Love, Love, Love the amount of space we have in here!  One of the best moves we ever made was deciding to buy a van.  I was so opposed to the idea.....So glad I changed my mind!  The kids were a great help, and we now have the carseat strapped in and ready for the little one!

I'm trying to be patient and go day-by-day right now.  I'm trying to spend as much quality time with Eli and Adi before this little one comes and takes up most of my time and attention.  I'm currently riding around with all of our hospital bags packed in the vehicle.  Never knowing when we will need them is the hardest part!  I'm thankful for close family, one huge stress that we won't have to worry about.  No matter the time or day, I know that a couple of phone calls will have these 2 in great hands!

Hoping to post some baby pictures soon:)

And with all of this baby talk, I have a special request.  My sister-in-law's cousin has a very sick little baby right now.  They found out on Monday that she is in desperate need of a heart transplant.  Please, please, say some extra prayers for this sweet little girl and her family.  Check out her Caringbridge site, and stay updated on her condition:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/myleescapanski

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Eeek!!! You're so close to meeting your little one!!! How exciting!!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers