Thursday, July 30, 2009

Month:7!

Wow, I can't believe I'm already to the 7th month!!! Again, I have to say that this pregnancy is going by WAY faster than Eliott's! We have been very, very busy getting everything ready for the baby, and for me to go back to work. I have an awesome cousin, Liz, who spent A LOT of time helping me paint, and re-arrange, and get things going. Everyone should know someone like this....I can't even imagine getting it all done without her help! Not to mention, she's trying to get her own house ready to move into, (and has a little boy of her own who is just as 'busy' as Eli!) I can't thank her enough (neither can Chad....!)!!! We got the baby's room painted, the dining room, kitchen, and entry-way painted. We also painted the 2 front doors, and re-arranged the living room. It looks GREAT!!! I will post pictures, but I'm still waiting for Chad to get the curtains up that I made for the entry, kitchen, and dining room. Also, he just finished putting the wood floor in the baby's room tonight, but we have to get the crib put together, and lots of finishing touches done! I'm so excited about all of the progress we have made....All of these things we've been wanting to do, and they are finally coming together! The baby needs to hold on a little longer, because we are not quite ready!



As far as how I am feeling- Great! For the most part. I am just now starting to feel like bending and sitting and squatting are getting a little harder. I had a 28 week appt. yesterday with my doctor. I am now going to appts. every 2 weeks. He said that he wants to see me again in 2 weeks, and we are going to be doing another ultra-sound. I was pretty excited to hear that I would have an ultra-sound at 30 weeks. His comment to me was "make sure Chad comes, because this will be a good one. It will look more like a baby, and less like and alien!" (Our Dr. has a great sense of humor, which we love!) I thought to ask why I was having another one, because I knew that wasn't normal, but of course, never did. I was already worried and stressed about it on the way home from the appt., so I put a call in to my nurse asking why. She called me back and said that the Dr. wants to have another ultra-sound just as a precaution because of my low weight gain. Up until now I have only put on 5 pounds. I don't look like I've only gained that much-but that's what the scale says. She said that he doesn't anticipate there to be any problems, and the 20 week ultra-sound looked great, but he wants to just make sure. I'm trying not to worry about it, I'm sure everything is fine, but it's going to be kind of a long 2 weeks of waiting..... I guess it's probably hard for my body to gain weight after all of the chasing that I do after a little one around here!!!

Here is an update from babycenter.com as to what is happening during week 28:
How your baby's growing:By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers