Thursday, May 2, 2013

Baby Bump #3- 30 Week Update

I'm a few days late on posting my latest update. 

It's a good one.  We are breathing a sigh of relief.  We are not out of the woods yet, but things seem to be moving along ok at this point.

I saw my Dr. again on Tuesday.  This was my 3rd appointment with him in less than a  week!  I hope we don't need to do that again!  He reviewed all of my information that we found from the ultra-sound from when I went in on Friday morning.  He reassured me that he was very happy with the results of the ultra-sound at this point.  He again went through the stages of baby, and brought me comfort with the fact that we are 30 weeks along now, and things will be fine at this point.  He reminded me again that we have passed some very critical milestones, and at this point the baby would need some extra support, but would be fine. 

He measured my belly- this was big like always.  I measured 32" at 30 weeks.  A good sign for us- baby is big!

I shared with him that my principal has been nothing but supportive of me along with the rest of my co-workers.  I have been able to be off of my feet a lot more than normal, and he was comfortable with me continuing on.  He would like my feet up at home in the evenings and on the weekends as much as possible, and I need to limit my lifting, bending, squatting, etc...as much as I can.  He said to be sure to come in right away if the contractions get much worse, and to read my body when it is telling me to slow down. 

I will see him again on Tuesday, and he is going to run the test again at that time.  There is a possibility of the test coming back negative, but if it comes back positive again we will go from there. 

I have to share the amazing family I have- 2 of my sweet cousins and my parents read the stress that I was feeling about not being ready for this baby paired with the fact that I am so limited in what I can do at this point, they came over on Sunday and deep-cleaned my house from top to bottom!  My windows were washed, floors were scrubbed, bedding was cleaned and changed, vacuuming was done, closets were turned over, meals were prepared, Baby's bedroom was put together......It was amazing!!!!  Those 4 and Chad worked their tails off, and I couldn't be more thankful!  Not to mention my Grandma sending over meals for my freezer.  It almost brings me to tears what these people did for me.  They came together and helped me out when I felt like there was nothing I could do.  I love that I have so much wonderful support near-by.  I don't feel alone going through this, I have so many people that care!  Now- my job is sit back, relax, and cook this baby a bit longer.  That I can handle!

Another week down!!!!  We are celebrating!  Getting close to 31 weeks now- looking forward to a restful, relaxing weekend!

Thanks again for all of the prayers, kind messages, texts, e-mails, and phone calls.  You are an amazing group of friends that I rely on for support and encouragement- It is so very much appreciated!

3 comments:

angie said...

wow, praise God for that family of yours! definitely a blessing. i'm so grateful for them, FOR you! again, your doctor sounds incredibly reassuring, and i'm so glad to hear it. keep baking, little bump! there's plenty of time before you have to see the big, bright world out there. :)

Susannah said...

I'm so glad things are going so well! :-)

Jamie said...

Update?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers