Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ruby Lauren. 1 year old.

We had a fun day celebrating our little girl.  It was low-key and mellow.  She didn't even open her gift from us.  I don't think she knows the difference.  She ate 2 cupcakes, cheese, mashed potatoes, and steak.  All some of her favorites.   She went to brother's baseball practice, and ran errands with Mom.  We spent time at the cabin with friends working on our 4th of July float.  They brought cupcakes which she squished between her fingers.  Then we watched sister play t-ball, and sweet friends brought her a gift.  She came home and had one more cupcake, and called it a night.  I rubbed her head as I nursed her last night, and took in everything about her.  I was a little teary-eyed as I snuggled her for just a bit longer than normal before laying her in her crib.  I want to soak up and savor this perfect time in her life.  I love this little baby beyond words.  She is special, and she is beautiful, and she is a true gift from God.

I cannot believe a year has passed....I'm so glad I have photos to go through and enjoy each stage of her.  From the surprise in my belly to where we are today.  Here are some of our favorites of Ruby....


I'm happy to have these pregnancy photos documented....When you think you can bear the belly no longer, and you just want that baby in your arms.  You are tired, and big, and it hurts to move....but now, I think back to the wonderful feeling that it was to rub my belly and feel that little life inside.  I truly do miss it....just a bit.

Big Brother and Big sister loved her already.  They were always kissing my belly, and would giggle every time baby would give a good kick!

We couldn't wait for this tiny little one to join our family.


Don't let this fool you...she truly was a surprise.  I have pictures with our boy name also:)
  




And then on June 25th, 2013 she made her appearance.  I was sure we were having a boy.  I've been wrong on all 3!  The surprise was wonderful....a beautiful little girl.

This is Ruby just 5 days old....





Ruby at 3 months old....





Ruby at 6 months old....







Ruby at 9 months old....







And we are in the planning stages of her first birthday party.  Friends and family will gather around and celebrate our beautiful little girl with us.  We are looking forward to a happy, exciting celebration for our precious one.  
We love you, Ruby Lauren!  We are so glad you are ours!!!


1 comment:

Jamie said...

She really is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers